We've always made it our priority to ensure you have all the tools you need to workout the way
you want in a healthy and safe environment, and this hasn’t changed. We hope you’re
all excited to get into the gym and put focus back on your physical and mental
There are new procedures in place and in short time we will all
become accustom to these temporary changes.
Starting November 27, 2020
MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED IN ALL PUBLIC AND SHARED SPACES
Within fitness centers; this means wearing a mask at all times when:
- Entering and exiting the building
- When moving between areas inside the building
- Socializing and in common areas
- Moving from equipment to equipment.
- While working out
Once you’re on the gym floor your priorities should be:
- Cleaning your equipment before and after use
- Respecting safe distances from one another
- Washing your hands often
Please remember these measures, for the most part, are not permanent
and have been mandated by the Government of Saskatchewan.
Some Temporary Changes You’ll
We will be monitoring member traffic and flow very closely. We don’t required members to book a designated time to use the gym; at this time we do not
intend to implement any booking systems or designated time slots.
This is provided members are continuing to displaying practical and safe distancing.
In order to avoid overcrowding we recommend that you avoid planning
your workout at peak hours of 12pm and 5pm Monday through Friday.
Further, please be mindful of the direction of traffic passing the front desk.
SHOWERS AND LOCKER ROOMS
Washroom areas will remain accessible and hand washing is essential. Lockers and change area and showers are open for use with additional cleaning by our staff. Please refrain from loitering and congregating in the change rooms.
To minimize traffic in the change rooms you may consider arriving at the gym already in your workout
clothes when possible
Cleaning equipment before and after your workout will now require that
rags be laundered after each use. Please take time to put your rags in the
laundry baskets located around the gym.
Staff will be dedicating their efforts 2-3 times daily for extra sanitization of the equipment handles, pads and commonly touched surfaces.
There will be no use of the water fountain until further notice. The bottle fill station will still be available for use and we will continue to sanitize it frequently.
Checking in will remain the same.
Using a scannable Key Tag is recommended for checking-in as this method
promotes touch free access. Please ask
the staff about upgrading to a Key Tag.
The older system of membership card drop off is acceptable but not
preferred; staff will sanitize your member card upon receiving it.
GROUP FITNESS CLASSES
We will take precautions to ensure minimum 6-10 feet distance between
class participants. Sanitation of your
equipment is essential both before use and after class.
All Group Fitness classes will require that you register in advance in
order for us to manage capacity. The current maximum class capacity is 9 participants at one time (plus one instructor).
- Childcare will be available starting Monday June 15
- We will be limiting to 8 children at one time. We encourage you to book in advance
- Staff and parents must encourage and practice physical distancing.
- For younger children, maintaining physical distance is less practical and the focus should be on minimizing physical contact instead.
- We will plan for reduced contact activities and removing toys that encourage group play along with removing toys with soft surfaces.
- Children that are ill or displaying symptoms of any illness will not be permitted in the childcare.
- We will be encouraging consistent hand washing for children.
- We will exceed our regular amount of sanitizing with focus on high touch surface areas and toys..
Protein shakes and food items will not be available at this time. Water and protein bars are still available for purchase.
Trainers will be available to serve clients, sessions can be done while observing physical distancing or trainers will wear masks. Consultations can be done by phone or in person.
Members Doing Their Part
Your actions and participation in these new procedures can be the
difference between success and remaining under these regulations for a longer
period of time.
Maintain your distance from others when possible
Wash your hands often and only use hand sanitizer as a supplementary method for cleaning hands.
TIMING YOUR WORKOUT
Peak hours for member traffic are between 1130 am to 1 pm as well as 5pm
to 7pm. Do your best to plan workout
times at off-peak hours to relieve congestion in the gym and ultimately avoid a
need to implement designated times for gym use.
We ask that you do your best to keep your workout to 90 minutes at peak
SANITIZING SPRAY AND CLEANING RAGS
Take time to wipe equipment before and after you use it. This includes bars, handles, upholstery,
plates and dumbbells.
Sanitizing spray and laundry baskets for soiled towels are located all around the weight room, cardio and
SPACE AND DISTANCING
We have made some necessary changes by moving the locations of certain
pieces of equipment as well as removing some less essential pieces of equipment
in order to allow for easier movement around the gym without overcrowding.
Most equipment in the gym, generally allow for 6 feet between each member. Please consider alternate exercises or using
a different piece of equipment if you aren’t able to keep proper distance from
IF YOU FEEL UNWELL
Anytime you feel ill, it is advised you remain at home as to not put others at risk. If you do workout while you're sick or feel you are becoming sick, you can further compromise your immune system extending the duration of any illness.
We take all questions and concerns seriously. Please contact our front staff at (306)244-6413 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Step We're Taking to Keep Members Safe
- Time spent by Staff on cleaning and sanitizing processes has been increased.
- We've created a comprehensive list of high traffic areas and high contact surfaces which will be given priority and increased attention.
- Cleaners and disinfectants used will be approved by Health Canada (DIN), adequate for eliminating viruses.
- We've eliminated some redundant equipment to allow better passage throughout all workout areas.
- We've made hand sanitizer more readily available.
- We are currently not offering free 2-week trial passes to avoid over congestion with transient users.
- We've added Plexiglass dividers at the front counter.